Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce and sell the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Boutique Cannabis) throughout Michigan and Oregon, with active expansion underway within Missouri and Massachusetts markets and communities.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a Compliance Supervisor to be responsible for ensuring that the team is operating in compliance with state and local ordinances, rules and regulations.
In this role you will….
- Ensure initial facility and system set up is in line with state and local compliance.
- Input and monitor all data in the state required cannabis tracking system (METRC).
- Analyze and report any discrepancies to managers and coordinate the correction of errors.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders to create and maintain compliance checklists for each department.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure all departments activities are accurately reflected.
- Works closely with Sales team, Operations Manager, Post- Production Supervisor, and Cultivation Manager to ensure accuracy of reports, inventory and volume of product.
- Be primary point of contact for all external audits; follow up on any outstanding items to ensure accuracy.
- Submit all product for testing within outlined timeframe; maintain relationship with product testing company and any other representatives.
- Stay current with state and local laws pertaining to operations and ensure compliance with such laws; update compliance documentation and processes as regulations and laws change.
- Continuously educate all employees on state and local laws and ensure all processes and procedures align with those governances.
- Implement trainings for company employees and create training manuals that align with company SOPs.
- Identify issues, analyze current SOP’s and provide suggestions and guidance to ensure the company maintains the highest level of compliance with local and state laws.
- Ensure material safety data sheet (MSDS) is current with materials being used in the facility and compliant with law changes.
- Regularly Correspond with METRC, and the OLCC to seek guidance on law interpretation.
- Conduct METRC trainings for any new users.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience you have...
- 3+ years of experience in compliance or quality control.
- Cannabis industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use and manage METRC; experience using METRC preferred
- Microsoft efficient, with ability to learn new software’s.
- Ability to read and understand laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to develop and implement operational best practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with regulating bodies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationship with internal and external contacts.
- High attention to detail, and experience inputting and reporting on high volumes of data.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain an OLCC license.
You should apply if...
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You are detailed orientated and are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have an unwavering sense of accuracy.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you are interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!