Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products at our state-of-the-art facilities in Oregon and Michigan.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a Lead Extraction Technician that can support and lead our Extraction Technicians while actively going through the extraction process.
In this role you will….
- Oversee and optimize extraction process; direct technicians to ensure on-time production.
- Preparation of biomass and equipment for extraction.
- Perform specific extraction processes and refine concentrate into desired consistency; perform distillations of extracts and solvents.
- Record data and movement within the METRC system and laboratory processing notebooks.
- Set up, troubleshoot and perform routine and preventative maintenance on instruments.
- Responsible for oversight and optimization of extraction equipment; train team on correct operation of equipment; maintain equipment standards and cleanliness.
- Take inventory of all materials including materials, supplies, consumables, spare parts for equipment etc.
- Monitor supply of goods for extraction needs, and coordinate with Lab Manager to ensure ordering is taking place.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure the highest level of product safety.
- Work cohesively with laboratory supervisors and Chief Chemist to develop and revise SOP’s.
- Actively participate in internal and external inspection and audits.
- Obtains training and certification to utilize all extraction equipment, and actively research new equipment and methods for extraction.
- Execution of laboratory operations in accordance with all written SOP’s and in accordance to local and state regulations.
- Create proactive and positive work environment for all employees.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of Laboratory experience.
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Process Technology, or related field with 5+ years of laboratory experience would also be considered.
- Working knowledge of current safety protocols and experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn variety of systems.
- Distillation experience with spinning band or short path is a plus.
- Experience working with compressed gases and with high pressure.
- Energetic team player, willing to take direction and learn new skills.
- Experience directing teams of employees required.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and/ or holidays.
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain a Missouri Agent ID card.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be able to pass a background check.
You should apply if...
- You have an unwavering sense of accuracy with the ability to interpret regulations and safe precautions.
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You are detailed orientated and are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!