Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce and sell the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Boutique Cannabis) throughout Michigan and Oregon, with active expansion underway within Missouri and Massachusetts markets and communities.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a General Manager to oversee day to day operations of C3 Industries’ retail cannabis chain, High Profile in Buchanan, MI. This role is responsible for ensuring strong retail performance including P&L management, effectively driving sales through exceptional customer service, and managing & leading the team.
In this role you will….
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of store performance, ensuring efficient and sound operations, maximum profit, and a best-in-class store experience.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are being tracked and achieved on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. Develop continuous improvement plans to achieve KPI’s.
- Create sales reports, analyze, and report data, such as store sales, units per sale, and sales per hour; understand sales trends and lead team to drive sales growth.
- Anticipate market trends and opportunities by analyzing existing product performance, customer insights, and store KPI’s.
- Maintain active knowledge on competition; leverage guest insights and feedback to develop plans to drive the business to be the destination of choice.
- Ensure best-in-class customer experience exists by staying connected to customer needs, anticipating changes, and preparing teams to meet consumer challenges.
- Establish staffing levels for new stores and partner with Human Resources to ensure a proper hiring plan is in place.
- Partner with cross functional leaders to ensure adequate inventory levels, proper merchandising, and other operational aspects to optimize store performance.
- Implement, maintain, and collaborate with retail leaders on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensure they are in full compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Work closely with Regional Manager to establish and promote Customer Loyalty Programs and implement strategies to drive repeat retail business.
- Assist in development of trainings, and re-enforce service, product, management, recruitment, and sales trainings with the in-store team.
- Run regular internal store meetings, provide feedback for employee development, sales opportunities, and organizational improvements.
- Develop store’s schedule to ensure proper sales floor coverage during peak selling hours; approve employees time off requests to ensure proper store coverage.
- Comply with company cash handling policies and perform daily cash management responsibilities and compliance reporting per company policy.
- Split tips weekly in compliance with company policies on a weekly basis.
- Maintain visual standards, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting, and general maintenance.
- Work closely with the Human Resource Department with hiring new employees, conducting training and onboarding processes, and the continuous development of new and current employees.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years retail management experience preferred, or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail operations, merchandising, and sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, POS systems required; experience with METRC preferred.
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
- Ability to drive process improvements across all areas managed.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build relationships and operate in an environment of ambiguity.
- Ability to build and lead a best-in-class retail team.
- Strong results-orientation and commitment to quality, performance, and deliverables.
- Effective multi-tasker with demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner.
You should apply if...
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You have strong customer service, sales, and management skills and are motivated by goals.
- You are detail oriented and you are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!
*C3I is not seeking to work with recruitment agencies.