Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products at our state-of-the-art facilities in Oregon and Michigan.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for an Extraction Technician that can perform the duties below in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedures.
In this role you will….
- Preparation of biomass and equipment for extraction.
- Perform specific extraction processes and refine concentrate into desired consistency; perform distillations of extracts and solvents.
- Record data and movement within laboratory processing notebooks.
- Set up, troubleshoot and perform routine and preventative maintenance on instruments.
- Operate and maintain cleanliness of equipment.
- Take inventory of all materials including materials, supplies, consumables, spare parts for equipment etc.
- Monitor supply of goods for extraction needs, and coordinate with Lab Manager to ensure ordering is taking place.
- Work cohesively with laboratory supervisors and Chief Chemist to develop and revise SOP’s.
- Actively participate in internal and external inspection and audits.
- Obtains training and certification to utilize all extraction equipment, and actively research new equipment and methods for extraction.
- Execution of laboratory operations in accordance with all written SOP’s and in accordance to local and state regulations.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 1+ years of Laboratory experience.
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Process Technology, or related field with 3+ years of laboratory experience would also be considered.
- Working knowledge of current safety protocols and experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn variety of systems.
- Distillation experience with spinning band or short path is a plus.
- Experience working with compressed gases and with high pressure.
- Energetic team player, willing to take direction and learn new skills.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and/ or holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be able to pass a background check.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
You should apply if...
- You have an unwavering sense of accuracy with the ability to interpret regulations and safe precautions.
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You are detailed orientated and are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!