Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products at our state-of-the-art facilities in Oregon and Michigan.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a Human Resource Associate who uses an employee-centric mindset and organization to support the company’s development of personnel and policy administration.
In this role you will….
- Be an active resource to managers on employee development, coaching, and conflict resolution; assist in documentation of incidents.
- Provide effective and dedicated HR support to employees in relation to absence, benefits, conduct, and all other employee relation matters.
- Assist in execution of personnel policies and procedures, providing guidance and interpretation to all levels of company personnel.
- Ensure data integrity and daily maintenance of HRIS system.
- Enhance company culture by assisting with the roll out of new perks and team building activities; work closely with HR team to plan and coordinate activities and events.
- by developing and applying new perks and team building activities, within given budget and with guidance and approval from VP’s.
- Contribute to HR objectives and systems, including reporting on metrics as requested.
- Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, and communicating benefits information & changes to employees.
- Assist in the organization and deployment of 90 - day, and yearly employee performance reviews.
- Process employee terminations and departures including, but not limited to, conducting exit interviews and UIA claims.
- Assist with payroll activities; ensure time and attendance is accurate, oversee time off, OFLA, FMLA, LOA.
- Ensure proper injury and incident reports are completed; process workers comp claims.
- Assists in communication of the employee directory, organizational chart and contributes to development of job descriptions.
- Assist with talent acquisition, new hire onboarding, and other recruiting tasks that arise.
- Ensure legal compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies as required.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years related experience, or equivalent.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner.
- This role is a full time (40+ hours a week), on site and salaried opportunity
- Strong (and current) knowledge of all laws and regulations pertaining to employment & labor laws.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems and comfortable learning new systems.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build relationships, operate in an environment of ambiguity, and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; must display patience, humor and helpfulness for employee issues.
- Strong results- orientation and commitment to quality, performance and deliverables.
- Effective multi-tasker with demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge of KPI’s and metrics.
You should apply if...
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You are detailed oriented and you are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are inspired by creating and fostering an employee centric workplace.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!