Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce and sell the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Boutique Cannabis) throughout Michigan and Oregon, with active expansion underway within Missouri and Massachusetts markets and communities.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a HR Business Partner to provide coaching and support to assigned business units in the areas of employees relations, performance management, training, and policy interpretation.
In this role you will….
- Responsible for the execution of personnel policies, procedures and programs, providing guidance and interpretation to assigned business units.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and ensures legal compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws; Updates policies as required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Enhance company culture by assisting with the roll out of new perks and team building activities; work closely with HQ team to plan and coordinate activities and events.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning; Contributes to the development and updating of job descriptions.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct new employee orientation to assist new hires in understanding the organizations mission, structure, culture, benefits, policies and expectations.
- Facilitate the deployment of 90 - day, and annual employee performance review process.
- Participates in the development, evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Assist with payroll activities; ensure time and attendance is accurate, oversee time off, OFLA, FMLA, LOA for assigned employee groups.
- Ensure proper injury and incident reports are completed, process workers comp claims.
- Process employee terminations and departures; Conducts exit interviews with employees who voluntarily resign and follow up on feedback as appropriate.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years related experience, or equivalent.
- PHR, SPHR or other HR certification, strongly preferred.
- Experience working with hourly team members required.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner.
- Strong (and current) knowledge of all laws and regulations pertaining to employment & labor laws.
- Knowledge of KPI’s and metrics.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build relationships, operate in an environment of ambiguity, and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; must display patience, humor and helpfulness for employee issues.
- Strong results- orientation and commitment to quality, performance and deliverables.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems and comfortable learning new systems.
- Effective multi-tasker with demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- This is a full time, on site position working out of our Production Facility.
You should apply if...
- You are detailed oriented and you are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are inspired by creating and fostering an employee centric workplace.
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!