Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products at our state-of-the-art facilities in Oregon and Michigan.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting for all accounting operations. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Accounting Manager will lead the efforts in building and implementing best in class accounting processes and procedures to support C3 Industries growth.
In this role you will….
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of accounts payable/receivables, general ledger, revenue reporting and financial reporting
- Produce financial statements and related written analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including supplemental reporting, as required.
- Produce internal financial analysis of balance sheet and income statement, as compared to prior periods and to budget, and/or standard monthly reporting package for management review.
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, annual financial close process, including regular communication with other areas impacting the close, monitoring completion of items impacting the financials and addressing items of concern in a professional, timely manner.
- Coordinate with external assurance and tax consultants to meet Company audit and tax objectives.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing, recommending and updating policies and procedures. Assist with development of Company accounting manual.
- Comply with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Responsible to assure the archival of accounting and tax documents complies with all legal requirement.
- Utilize company accounting software to perform all accounting operations and ensure their compatibility with company account principles and regulations.
- Continuously develop and implements effective and efficient accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; seven years of experience in hands-on accounting and finance capacity
- Strong financial and analytical skills, prior experience developing and managing a budget required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and strong computer skills; advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of ERPs, implementation and recurring maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and lead a high performance and efficient team; Proven experience in a managerial role.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to develop and implement operational best practices.
- Good judgment in a fast-moving environment with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, and to be both a manager and an individual contributor.
You should apply if...
- You have an unwavering sense of accuracy with excellent analytical skills.
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You are detailed orientated and are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!