Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products at our state-of-the-art facilities in Oregon and Michigan.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant, responsible for the preparation, computing, managing, researching and analyzing of company’s accounting data. The Staff Accountant will own and optimize the general ledger activity of various company retail locations.
In this role you will….
- Maintain general ledger account reconciliations including, prepaids, accruals, lease schedules and intercompany invoices. Identify, report and correct errors.
- Review general ledger activity for accuracy and prepare reclassifications as needed.
- Work with the AP team to ensure invoice entry accuracy.
- Prepare monthly inventory roll-forwards and reconciliations from the general ledger and point-of-sale system.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close. Assist with audit and/or review preparation.
- Prepare monthly retail financial reports for review by the Accounting Manager and VP Finance.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as requested
- Support and perform day to day transactional accounting operations when needed
- Keep corporate information confidential and develop safety measures such as random database backups.
- Collaborate with executives on company and department budget creation and financial forecasts.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and maintaining compliance.
- Utilize company accounting software to perform all accounting operations and ensure their compatibility with company account principles and regulations.
- Monitor policies and procedures for assigned departments and identify and suggest improvements for accounting reporting and recording procedures
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years' related experience, or equivalent.
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting, financial, and business principles and procedures.
- Strong (and current) knowledge of all accounting software, with willingness to learn new tools.
- Strong results orientated and commitment to quality, performance and deliverables.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build relationships, proactively the on projects, and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Effective multi-tasker with demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner.
You should apply if...
- You have a strong accounting background and experience working with various software packages.
- You are very detail orientated and have excellent analytical skills.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment and are excited about working for a start up in a new industry.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!