Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce and sell the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Cannabis Shop) throughout Michigan and Oregon, with active expansion underway within Missouri and Massachusetts markets and communities.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a The Director of Food Manufacturing to be responsible for overall development and operations of C3 Industries Edible Products category. Key responsibilities include managing internal resources, creating an infused product development roadmap, developing, and reviewing infused products standard operating procedures, policies, and guidelines to ensure product quality and employee productivity, and developing and regularly reporting on key performance indicators to the executive team in a scalable, efficient manner.
In this role you will….
- Responsible for the oversight, planning and production of all edible products, including the creation of a product development roadmap.
- Responsible for development and implementation of SOPs, methods, and policies to advance the edible products department and ensure it meets the needs of the company.
- Understand and execute batch calculations per manufacturing formulas.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures; ensure all quality standard are achieved.
- Responsible for the implementation, oversight, and optimization of kitchen equipment; train team on correct operation of equipment and maintenance procedures.
- Create and maintain all product specification documents, recipes and formulas; maintain all production logs and test results.
- Responsible for oversight and management of production area and kitchen staff including assisting managers with scheduling, staffing, capacity planning and training the department.
- Forecast ingredients and materials to maintain inventory levels, in collaboration with the Supply Chain Team and applicable vendors for purchasing.
- Collaborate with the Leadership team to ensure the edible products roadmap is grounded in market insights.
Skills and experience you have...
- 8+ years’ experience with Degree in Food Science, Food Industry Management Arts or equivalent.
- Expereince working in Food Manufacturing or Nutraceuticals industry preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food manufacturing with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, and cost controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and lead a high performance and efficient team and foster a positive culture and work environment, proven experience in a managerial role.
- Working knowledge of safety and security requirements; willingness to learn state and local laws pertaining to medical and recreational cannabis.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to develop and implement operational best practices.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, prior experience developing and managing a budget required.
- Display good judgment in the face of changing priorities with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks; Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to regularly travel throughout the country for an extended period.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
You should apply if...
- You are a strong “big picture” thinker and an equally strong “doer” that rolls up their sleeves to make things happen.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment and are excited about working for a start up in an emerging industry.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you are interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!