Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products at our state-of-the-art facilities in Oregon and Michigan.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a Lab Manager to oversee the productivity, tracking and compliance of the extraction process and ensuring the team stays within the facilities quality standards and production schedule.
In this role you will….
- Oversee and optimize extraction and distillation process; direct technicians to ensure on-time production; manage and oversee scheduling of extraction technicians to ensure appropriate and optimized staffing.
- Responsible for the implementation, oversight and optimization of extraction and distillation equipment; train team on correct operation of equipment.
- Ensure that all extraction equipment/machines are in good repair, regularly maintained and cleaned.
- Collaborate with the Inventory & Packaging Manager and Sales team to communicate the timing and amount of product from the lab, to packaging finished goods and cartridges.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures; ensure all quality standard are adhered to.
- Collect, compile and report on production, product specific data, and ensure team is meeting their KPIs.
- Assist the Chief Chemist and Director of Operations in tracking and managing the facility’s budget.
- Maintain compliance with state regulations, enforce company policies and SOPs.
- Maintain high employee morale and positive relationships; coach team members to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the company values, policies and other standards of conduct.
- Ensure labeling and tracking is executed properly and efficiently in accordance with SOP and METRC Regulation.
- Collaborate with Cultivation manager and Post-Production Manager to establish product delivery timelines.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of Laboratory experience.
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Process Technology, or related field with 5+ years of laboratory experience would also be considered.
- Working knowledge of current safety protocols and experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn variety of systems.
- Distillation experience with spinning band is a plus.
- Experience working with compressed gases and with high pressure.
- Energetic team player, willing to take direction and learn new skills.
- Experience directing teams of employees required.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and/ or holidays.
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain, an OLCC marijuana worker permit.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be able to pass a background check.
You should apply if...
- You have an unwavering sense of accuracy with the ability to interpret regulations and safe precautions.
- You have a passion for the cannabis industry and are excited about working in a fast-paced start up.
- You are detailed orientated and are comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!