Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce and sell the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Cannabis Shop) throughout Michigan and Oregon, with active expansion underway within Missouri and Massachusetts markets and communities.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for a Vice President, Marketing to bring cutting-edge vision to C3 Industries’ marketing department and to create an efficient organizational structure, processes and KPI’s for the department. You will collaborate with C3 Leadership and act as a key stakeholder in the development of C3 Industries’ brand strategy and marketing plan.
In this role you will….
- Build upon the current value proposition, positioning and create go-to-market strategies for each of C3 Industries’ brands: Cloud Cover Cannabis (consumer products), High Profile Cannabis Shop (retail network) and C3 Industries (corporate holding company brand)
- Lead annual planning efforts for the C3 marketing function; develop annual budgets and ensure appropriate management and resource allocation; track ROI on marketing spend.
- Build strong relationships with external counterparts, including agencies, production vendors, media, etc. Build strategic partnerships with these entities and provide clear internal and external communications.
- Build cross functional relationships with Retail Operations, Facility Operations, Retail Merchandising, Finance, Technology, and Sales to align on future marketing strategy and programs.
- Lead the development of the omni-channel marketing strategy to drive traffic, transactions, and customer engagement in all retail channels with marketing initiatives and programs including loyalty, merchandising, sampling, brand communication, product and category navigation, point-of-sale, promotions, and events.
- Oversee the development of an integrated content strategy and manage the implementation of Cloud Cover’s content development program to support various brand marketing needs .
- Oversee all aspects of social media strategy including content and influencer strategy; regularly evaluate effectiveness.
- Develop audience-level campaigns that create brand awareness with various “Cannabis Connoisseur” constituent groups.
- Manage the execution of packaging design for all Cloud Cover Cannabis products, including existing packaging design and new packaging development.
- Develop a comprehensive event strategy with a focus on the guest experience and community engagement activation.
- Develop and systemize new retail store openings, including pre-opening, events, local collaborations and other channels to create store and brand awareness.
- Monitor cannabis market trends; conduct consumer research and track competitor activities to identify key issues and opportunities.
Skills and experience you have...
- 10+ years of marketing experience and bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with a vertically integrated retailer in the CPG space or have multi-brand leadership experience.
- Concrete experience managing complex projects and programs that have heavy dependencies requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Understanding of P&L and how marketing contributes to revenue/profit growth of the business.
- Strong analytical skills with significant experience in measuring, analyzing and reporting on marketing performance and ROI.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win.
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives through process and roadblocks.
- Fosters a culture of continuous experimentation and improvement with an ongoing test and learn approach.
- Current knowledge on latest cannabis trends and marketing best practices.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
You should apply if...
- You are a strong “big picture” thinker and an equally strong “doer” that rolls up their sleeves to make things happen.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment and are excited about working for a start up in an emerging industry.
- You are an experienced marketer with a track record of bringing products and brands to life.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you are interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!