Who we are…
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce and sell the highest quality, indoor cannabis flower and extracted products (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Cannabis Shop) throughout Michigan and Oregon, with active expansion underway within Missouri and Massachusetts markets and communities.
At C3I our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens and community members and celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are looking for a
Total Rewards Specialist to support the creation of an exceptional employee experience by administering the company’s payroll, benefits, compensation and HRIS including HR data management, analysis and reporting.
In this role you will….
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, and programs; recommend revisions as well as new programs that are cost-effective and consistent with total rewards trends and company objectives.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Act as a resource to employees and managers on all payroll, compensation and benefits-related questions.
- Act as a key project manager and owner of our HR technology and system integrations.
- Assess current HR systems and overall utilization; identify and recommend improvements such to maximize value and efficiency of our HR Technology.
- Collects and compiles HR data from a variety of sources; prepares reports and presents findings and recommendations to the HR Team and other company leaders.
- Process, review and balance bi-weekly payroll. Ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect pay.
- Generates files/reports such as the EEO1, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Support the ongoing administration of our performance management program.
- Administer benefit programs, consult with and advise employees on eligibility for all insurance and 401(k).
- Facilitates new hire benefit enrollment; plan and support annual open enrollment period.
- Works closely with Finance on annual audits (payroll, workers, comp, etc.), prepares reports and other documentation as required.
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and submits for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Coordinate with third party administrator to manage disability claims according to the plan.
- Conduct job evaluations to create salary ranges for new jobs as they occur (i.e. compensation ranges and individual market pricing).
- Assist with the administration of variable compensation programs and annual compensation reviews.
Skills and experience you have...
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years related experience in Human Resources, or equivalent.
- Experience with processing payroll as well as compensation and benefits design and administration required.
- Working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws related to employee leave, disability, payroll and benefits required.
- Working knowledge of various HR technology platforms and comfort with learning new systems.
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical abilities with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong results- orientation and commitment to quality, performance and deliverables.
- Effective multi-tasker with demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build relationships, operate in an environment of ambiguity, and maintain strict confidentiality.
You should apply if...
- You are a strong “big picture” thinker and an equally strong “doer” that rolls up their sleeves to make things happen.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment and are excited about working for a start up in an emerging industry.
- You are an experienced marketer with a track record of bringing products and brands to life.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you are interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!